The Financial Investigation Agency (FIA), an autonomous law enforcement agency responsible for the investigation of white collar and other serious financial crimes taking place within or from within the Territory.
Compliance Examiner II reports to the Senior Compliance Examiner and is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the Agency’s AML/CFT supervision regime for Non-Profit Organizations and Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions (Supervised Entities) in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Code of Practice and other relevant legislation.
- Assist and provide input in the establishment and ongoing development of the supervisory framework.
- Perform risk-based assessments by conducting interviews with supervised entities.
- Conduct compliance inspections and provide ongoing monitoring of non-compliance.
- Review and provide timely feedback to supervised entities on Compliance Manuals.
- Produce comprehensive reports on the Compliance activities including reports on compliance examinations and corrective actions.
- Maintain compliance database and physical files to ensure that information is accurate and current.
- Assist with the recording and reporting of statistics for the Unit.
- Assist in developing and delivering presentations and outreach workshops geared towards increasing AML/CFT awareness amongst the supervised entities.
- Keep abreast of international developments in AML/CFT.
- Maintain strict standards of confidentiality in dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Communicate policies to supervised entities and other stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with supervised entities and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, business administration, finance, economics or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a
- compliance role.
- AMLCFT Compliance Certification.
- Working knowledge of the Territory’s AML/CFT legislation.
- Ability to draft reports and make recommendations concisely.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and to exercise tact and professionalism at all times.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
If this sounds like you, give us the opportunity to consider your application for the post of Compliance Examiner II. Your complete application should include a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications that meet the requirements of the post.
All applications should be made in writing and addressed to:
Human Resources Manger
Financial Investigation Agency
2nd Floor, Ritter House
Wickham’s Cay II PO Box 4090
Road Town, Tortola
Or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 31st December 2018.