The Financial Investigation Agency (FIA) is an autonomous law enforcement agency responsible for the investigation of white collar and other serious financial crimes taking place within or from within the Territory, including money laundering and terrorist financing offences. In addition, the Agency is charged with responsibility for the supervision and monitoring of non- profit organisations (NPOs) and designated non-financial businesses and professions (DNFBPs) in the Territory in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Code of Practice 2008, as amended.
The Receptionist will serve as the first point of contact for all visitors and callers to the Agency. Applicants must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to provide administrative and clerical support and knowledge of customary office computer programs.
- Greet, welcome, announce and direct visitors with a positive and helpful attitude.
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information.
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, scanning etc.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and maintain accurate records in the mail log.
- Manage the Agency's office supplies, including the procurement of supplies and maintenance of inventory records.
- Perform the tasks for delivery and pick-up of Agency material, when necessary, in a polite, resourceful and professional manner.
- Perform data entry, scanning and filing in support of Investigation and Analysis function.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a related role.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and to exercise tact and professionalism at all times.
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer software including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritise work.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
Financial Investigation Agency
2nd Floor, Ritter House Wickham’s Cay II
PO Box 4090
Road Town, Tortola
Or by email to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 10 February 2023