The Virgin Islands recognises the importance of having a domestic mechanism in place to minimise the risks associated with money-laundering, terrorism financing and proliferation financing, as well as to ensure compliance with its international obligations.
The following guidelines, policies and forms have been developed to assist the relevant entities, institutions and persons in complying with their obligations in respect of sanctions, including targeted financial sanctions related to the suppression of terrorism and terrorist financing, and the prevention, suppression and disruption of the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and it’s financing:
- Virgin Islands Financial Sanctions Guidelines
- Appendix I - Licence Application Form
- Appendix II - Compliance Reporting
- Appendix III - Designation Impact Assessment
- UK Sanctions in Response to Russia’s Actions in Ukraine
- Compliance with Sanctions Obligations – Reminder of What Is Expected
Please note that the Virgin Islands Financial Sanctions Guidelines are being updated to reflect the changes to sanctions implementation in the Virgin Islands following BREXIT.