The Financial Investigation Agency (FIA) is an autonomous law enforcement agency which is responsible for receiving, analysing, investigating and disseminating information relating to financial offences including money laundering and terrorist financing. In addition, the Agency is responsible for supervising and monitoring non-profit organisations (NPOs) and designated non- financial businesses and professions (DNFBPs) in the Territory in accordance with the Anti- Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Code of Practice 2008, as amended.
The Analyst is responsible for conducting research and performing complex analysis of sensitive financial information and intelligence for planning, policy formulation and investigative purposes.
- Performs financial analysis, to include blockchain forensics.
- Plans, receives, interprets, analyses, evaluates, integrates information and produces analytical intelligence reports and disseminates information in accordance with the analysis intelligence cycle.
- Conduct thorough research utilising appropriate and relevant searches using all available tools and resources.
- Collate, analyze and document facts and findings coherently and comprehensively to ensure accurate, credible and comprehensive data of findings.
- Liaises with local and foreign financial and law enforcement authorities to collect and/or share intelligence and information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Minimum Two (2) years of analytical experience.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand and interpret financial information.
- Excellent report writing and communications skills.
- Basic proficiency in the use of intelligence-based IT tools.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software including Access, Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Professional licenses/certifications (i.e, CFE, ACAMS, ICA)
- Strategic Analysis Training
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation including the Financial Investigation Agency Act, 2003, Proceeds of Criminal Conduct Act and Anti-Terrorism (Financial and other Measures) (Overseas Territories) Order, 2002.
Salary and Benefits: $32,000 – $50,750, commensurate with qualifications.
Compensation and benefits package also includes reimbursement of employee NHI premium, gym membership allowance, 15% contribution towards pension, employer paid term life insurance at 5x salary (subject to underwriting) and attractive vacation leave accrual.
Cover letter and resume should be submitted in writing and addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
Financial Investigation Agency
2nd Floor, Ritter House
Wickhams Cay II
PO Box 4090
Road Town, Tortola
Or by email to [email protected]
Accepting applications until filled.