The Financial Investigation Agency (FIA) is an autonomous law enforcement agency which is responsible for receiving, analysing, investigating and disseminating information relating to financial offences including money laundering and terrorist financing. In addition, the Agency is responsible for supervising and monitoring non-profit organisations (NPOs) and designated non- financial businesses and professions (DNFBPs) in the Territory in accordance with the Anti- Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Code of Practice 2008, as amended.
The Senior Investigating Officer is responsible for investigating, analyzing and disseminating information related to financial offences or the proceeds of a financial offence and liaising with external central authorities to request and/or provide evidence in relation to criminal cases. The Senior Investigating Officer is also responsible for the day-to-day supervision and training of the Investigations team, report writing on investigative matters, presentation to internal and external groups and presenting evidence in court or before Judge, where necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in law enforcement or related field
- Minimum 10 years law enforcement experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in financial investigation or fraud investigation.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent analytical, judgment and research skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive and/or complex investigations;
- Attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of accuracy and responsiveness;
- Strong organisation and work prioritisation skills; and
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Professional licenses/certifications (i.e, CFE, ACAMS);
- Minimum 1-3 years of AML/Fraud Investigations experience;
- Working knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations;
Salary and Benefits:
$50,000 – $81,250, commensurate with qualifications.
Compensation and benefits package also includes reimbursement of employee NHI premium, gym membership allowance, 15% contribution towards pension, employer paid term life insurance at 5x salary (subject to underwriting) and attractive vacation leave accrual.
Cover letter and resume should be submitted in writing and addressed to:
Financial Investigation Agency
2nd Floor, Ritter House
Wickhams Cay II
PO Box 4090
Road Town, Tortola
Or by email to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 15 December 2023