The Financial Investigation Agency (FIA), an autonomous law enforcement agency responsible for the investigation of white collar and other serious financial crimes taking place within or from within the Territory.
The Analysis Assistant is responsible for the preparation and dispatch of all acknowledgement receipt letters for incoming suspicious transaction reports (STR), preparation and dispatch of all requests for information to reporting institutions in accordance with Section 4 of the FIA Act, 2003, ensuring they are logged in the relevant log and the logs are kept updated. Log all incoming STRs in their respective logs, ensuring the logs are kept updated. Maintain statistics for the unit and serve as secretary for relevant committees.
- Maintenance and preparation of all relevant statistical data for the FIU, including for the Agency’s Annual Reports, for IGC purposes and all other committee related statistical needs.
- Monitor Suspicious Transaction reporting portal to ensure accuracy and completeness of reports submitted by reporting entities.
- Receive Suspicious Transaction Reports from reporting entities and prepare and dispatch related documents, to include acknowledgements and notices issued pursuant to Section 4 of the FIA Act.
- Receive incoming requests via the Egmont Secure Web and update relevant statistical logs accordingly.
- Manage FIU file room, to include file retrieval, tracking files, creating new files and preparing records for storage and archiving.
- Manage and update Money Laundering Reporting Officer Register.
- Act as secretary or liaison for relevant committees.
- Assist with the preparation and dispatching of acknowledgement letters in relation to Letters of Requests received from the Attorney General Chambers, Egmont Group Requests (RFIs), and other local Competent Authorities and law enforcement agencies.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Two (2) years relevant working experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software including Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Associates degree in related field
- Prior experience in a law enforcement, regulatory or financial services environment.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume addressed to:
Human Resources Manger
Financial Investigation Agency
2nd Floor, Ritter House
Wickham’s Cay II
PO Box 4090
Road Town, Tortola
Or by email to [email protected]