In accordance with Section 5C of the Financial Investigation Agency Act 2003 (“the FIA Act”) as amended by the Financial Investigation Agency (Amendment) Act 2021 –
- The Agency shall exercise supervisory responsibility of a DNFBP for the purposes of anti-money laundering; counter-terrorist financing and proliferation financing; and
- Every DNFBP shall register with the Agency and provide to the Agency the names of its directors, senior officers and of persons with a significant interest or a controlling interest.
Registration is a compulsory requirement for all businesses and professions which fall under the DNFBP category.
Registration only takes place once, however, a DNFBP must:
- Re-register with the Agency whenever it changes it name;
- Notify the Agency whenever it changes the address from which it carries on business; and
- Notify the Agency whenever there is a change in its directors, senior officers or persons holding a significant interest or controlling interest.
How to Register
All application forms relating to registration are accessible via the Documents and Forms page. However, the following is a reference for which form you are required to use:
- DNFBP – Registration Form A1
- DNFBP – Registration Form A1a – for directors, senior managers, persons holding significant or controlling interest
- DNFBP – Notification of Change of Address Form A2
- DNFBP – Registration Form A3 - Notification of Change of Directors, Senior Managers and Persons with Significant or Controlling Interest
All forms should be completed electronically, wherever possible, and submitted to the Agency, via email at [email protected] or at the Agency’s physical address, 2nd Floor, Ritter House, Road Town, Tortola, BVI.
All forms should also accompany all required supporting documentation.
Should you require any assistance whilst completing the forms, please contact the Supervision and Enforcement Unit of the Agency, who will be happy to assist.
Section 5C(11) of the FIA Act provides that an entity commits an offence if it fails to register with the Agency and is liable to a penalty up to a maximum of $5000.